Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentines Day (or is it Valentine's Day)

We lay on the bed listening to our favourite music, naked, holding hands for some strange reason. He looked younger than I remembered. 
Stoned out of our minds from the chillum of highly stale weed that I found. The sunlight filtered in through the curtains, falling on his arms. Strong. He'd hold me forever he said, he wouldn't let go.
I was emotional. It was a strange kind of melancholy.


I woke up from the dream and realised that P's been gone for 3 years now. He bought a one-way ticket and he's never going to return. I didn't want to get out of bed. I wanted to dream again. 
By pretending to be strong all this while, I realised that the child in me wasn't dead yet, just stuck somewhere dying to breathe.
Love never dies, your priorities in life change. A part of me will always be stuck trying to get over the man I loved who left me stranded. 
It's always the same story. 
The cycle ends only when you die. 

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails