Thursday, February 19, 2015

For What?

That harmless interest in a beautiful girl,
claiming poems and paintings that are not yours as your own,
that phone-call to someone else at 3am when you could just be,
the nips and the tucks.
The lies and the deceit.
For what?

I am arrogant, I am obstinate, I am heartless.
But I'm not a liar, my emotions are not counterfeit like yours.
I mean it when I say that I love you.
You don't.
You break my heart.
For what?

He protects me all the time,
He protects me from myself.
His heart breaks to see me so broken.
And no matter how hard I try,
I cannot seem to love him like I loved you.
I feel rage, so much rage for not being able to love him back.
Everything would be so simple if I loved him and not you.
He coaxes me out of my depression.
You abandon me like everybody else.

A trophy girlfriend on your mantlepiece
Nothing more, never could have been.
If it were up to you, you'd lock me in a cage
As you went hunting for new meat everyday.
And I'd probably wait for you to love me one day.
But my wait would only be in vain.

I am now the victim of the cruel game you played.
I'm damaged beyond repair.
You shamed me, you degraded me.
You broke me down.
But for what?

Can you ever erase me from your head?
Even if you do, can you ever live in peace knowing you did what you did?
Or are you going to let some girl suck your dick and your sorrows away?
Is that how you play your game?
Running away when you're defeated.
Running far, far away.

You could have been happy.
You could have with me.
I would have tried my best to satisfy you
Maybe I'd even be successful in taming your roving eye someday.
But you threw it all away.
For what? 

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails