"People fall in a hole.
People fall in love.
Love is a hole."
Or something like that.
Yeah, love sure is a hole.
It stopped being about the pride for him.
It stopped being about the dependence for me.
People are changing so fast these days that it's not funny. I am not saying that I am an exception to this. I'm a part of it too, very much a part of it.
I'm walking a thin line between success and destruction. A very thin line. It's quite scary actually. But as Black Ninja puts it, you just have to take a chance at times. He intends to quit education to pursue music. It's scary. But then again, he's got so much potential that it's only fair that he takes one shot at it at least.
If you don't take that leap of faith once, you'll probably regret it forever and being the person that I am, I'd rather repent DOING something than repent not having done it at all, for what it's worth.
It's very much like those theatre workshops where you have these trust-building exercises. You have to let go and trust yourself/the other members of your team, you'll never progress otherwise.
And this sort of reminds me how much I used to love theatre till school almost made me hate it. It's a different feeling altogether, it's not just a show, it's a process. In theatre, you don't act. YOu don't pretend. You BE, you REACT. You can be anybody once you set your mind to it. I had dramatics in school from class 6-11 and those classes in a way shaped me into who I am today. Long before the fancy theatre workshops and the theatre competitions, came those dramatics classes with Sir K.
He never taught us a thing. We learnt everything from him. I was a shy, reserved and unsure kid but he moulded me into the confident person that I am today. I may have a lot of things going for me now, but there are double the amount of things that are not working for me and theatre taught me to overcome all that.
Life is like theatre too. we're acting out so many different roles to our best abilities. But theatre is not just about acting. There are so many aspects of a proper production-script, lights, sound, props, costume, background, stage formation etc etc...every minute detail comes together to form one big production.
I have almost given up theatre now, due to a few reasons but now that I think of it, I shouldn't let go of something that I love so much till I stop loving it. There were a whole bunch of deterrents before but I'm willing to start afresh everyday.
Music has always been my first love but theatre is something that I enjoy being a part of and this is because music comes naturally to me, but I really have to push myself-both mentally AND physically in order to do it right when it comes to theatre.
I can be Holden Caulfield. I can be a drug addict. I can be a dumb blonde. I can be a smart-ass reporter. I can be an animal.I can be a jaded terrorist. I can be a retarded child. I can be a larger than life criminal. I can be a seductress. I can be an ugly old fag. I can be a closet homosexual. I can be a victim. I can be a victimizer. I can be god. I can be anything. That's the magic of theatre.