Like the time W died and left me alone. I was shaken. It's funny how one person's on the phone with you, making plans for the next weekend when the next day you get a phone call and you're told that he is no more. The funeral, the vacant look in his mother's eyes, his brother's eyes all red, puffy and drained, his room...still smelling of him, in a perfectly messy condition, expecting him to return any time now. Nothing could make me stop crying. But I was wrong, Hachhooo and Sonny Boy did. They brought me back to life and all it took for them were a few macha stunts and coaxing from my mother dearest to go out for lunch with them!
Even today or rather these few days, things haven't quite been alright. I'm like Queen Anti-Midas, everything that I touch/try to do turns to crap. After three (or is it four) nights of being mindfucked and VERY disoriented with so much pressure from everywhere, my tears seemed to have mutinied against me and so as I sat staring at the empty page of my notebook, desperately trying to pen down a few verses of an unfinished song which Guitar Prodigy, Stoner Man, Black Ninja and I are working on, I was almost on the verge of texting guitar prodigy and telling him that I wouldn't be able to deliver on time when I got a text from black ninja- a really sad sms joke. I deleted it. He sent another one. And another one. And another one. Mind you, the quality of these jokes kept getting worse. He bombarded my inbox with REALLY REALLY LAME jokes till I begged him to stop cause I was rolling on the floor. He did. I finished the song!
*sigh* these are the times when you realise that unlike girls, boys actually make better friends. They listen to you. They are protective of you. They don't judge you and most importantly, sex is not always the only thing that they have in mind. Though they may be attracted to you at one point of time, they are willing to let go of those feelings when the friendship is at stake. Boys make super best friends. So without saying, I love you my Hachhoo, Sonny Boy and more recently, Black Ninja....what would I ever do without you guys?!
But on the flip side, when it comes to love, romance and all that jazz , I have been pretty disappointed with boys. My last relationship was just about perfect but the end was such a love song gone sour! I still miss him cause he's helped in shaping me into what I am today. But I don't miss him as a boyfriend all that much, what I miss is how close we were, as friends. Girls however make MUCH better halves. I have (sort of) been in a relationship with the most gorgeous girl on earth (in my opinion, yes) and she really truly did shower me with the affection and care that no man can match up to. Things had to end, but given an option, I'd relive my times with her all over again, they were magical. But like those cheesy sayings on matchboxes that you choose to ignore, love is magic but very sadly, magic is only illusion...