Switch my phone off.
Unplug the wi-fi.
Turn off the lights.
Sink.
Sink.
Sink into the cradle that is my bed.
As it gently caresses me to sleep.
I won't shed anymore tears.
I won't let this sinking feeling take over me.
I won't submit to my nightmares.
Or the hurt.
And the pain that refuses to go away.
You'll never be able to make it up to me for deserting me whenever I have needed you the most.
I don't blame you.
I'm much too spoilt.
I'm much too demanding
I'm always complaining.
But not anymore.
Tonight, just for tonight
I'll hug myself to sleep.
I won't need your help, or his or her's or their's.
I have discarded the need to be dependent.
I have discarded the rose-tinted glasses which I had been seeing the world with all this while.
I have discarded everything.
Only my body and my soul remain.
I have grown up.
I have grown used to it.
I have grown used to the fact that at the end of the day, when the party is over, you're all alone.
There's no need to be sad.
Sadness is a beautiful emotion,
especially when mixed with a bottle of loneliness.
I won't take any pills.
I won't fix myself a drink or two.
I won't use. I won't get high.
I will not cry either.
I shall enjoy the melancholy and the heartache.