Monday, February 15, 2016

My Wild Heart, My Bad Choices

I'm by the sea, looking at the moon.
I'm thinking about you,
even though I know you aren't thinking of me too.

I join my boys, my moment of solidarity is over.
I drink, I dance, I sing, I laugh.
But before I go to sleep, I think about you,
even though I know you never think of me too.

I blame my luck, I blame my flaws, I blame my inability to tame my heart.
I blame myself, never you.
You don't know me
And it's not like you ever wanted to.

Maybe some day you will think about me, I can only hope.
It's sad to think how something so beautiful can mean nothing to you at all.
All of this technology, yet the distance grows.
You drift away, I wait for you to disappear from my mind completely.
But you never do,
I think about you, I only think about you.

I think about you more often than I'd like to,
I'm in love only because I can't have you.

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails