Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Up In Air

It gets lonely on top, mid air.
So scarred, so scared.
I'll never let my guard drop again.
My walls will be high like the Great Wall of China.
No invasion, isolation.
I am nobody's.
Nobody is mine.

Love, what's that?
It doesn't exist.
Lust.
Conquest.
A tale you tell your friends.
Perhaps old lovers, to make them jealous.

He kissed my mouth, never my face.
It hurts to think.
It hurts to live.
It hurts to breathe.

Discarded like a broken toy.
And yet I soar so high.
Everything is falling into place, but only, it's not.

It gets so lonely on top.
I move away from a human connection with every passing day.
So scarred, so sacred.
They have their eyes on me. 
But only for a while.
Nobody wants to deal with damaged goods.
I learn.
I learn the hard way.
But I learn nevertheless... 

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails