Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Rock And Roll Memoir

My life is as rock and roll as it gets at the moment. Never want this fucking tour to end. I want to do this forever and ever. With the initial inhibitions gone, I feel like musicians who play in bands are different creatures. They understand one another somehow, echo the same sentiments about life and work. It's a great feeling to be able to do what you love, I feel fucking privileged.
Sure there's no money, no name, no end game to all of this. But does it matter?
Let me have my moment of madness and glory. I'm high when I'm on stage, possessed. No drugs, no alcohol, just plain adrenaline. 3 down, 5 more to go.
This 2 Stroke tour is turning out to be the adventure of a lifetime. So much that I've lost interest in the big-name headliner gigs that we're playing during the later part of this year. Who cares about those man. This is the real deal, roughing it out. A proper tour, no fancy bullshit.

Back home for a day's breather and the Oasis tune keeps playing in my head. I feel it. I feel the words, the sentiments after all these years.

"I live my life for the stars that shine
People say it's just a waste of time
When they said I should feed my head
Well, that to me was just a day in bed

I'll take my car and drive real far
You're not concerned about the way we are
In my mind my dreams are real
Now you're concerned about the way I feel 

Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.

You're not down with who I am
Look at you now, you're all in my hands
Tonight 

Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star
Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.

It's just rock 'n' roll
It's just rock 'n' roll"


I'm done with the bad drugs and bad dicks. My tragedies seem so insignificant. I have received so much love and positivity from so many people these last few days. I was just looking at life all wrong. My love spreads like a disease, one I can't control. The more I give, the more I love selflessly, the more I get in return.

Rock and roll, baby.


Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails