Friday, October 24, 2014

Paradigm Shifts and Maintaining Your Sanity

My life's is at an unreal juncture. Musically, I'm achieving all the little goals that I had in my head. And yet it does not heal me. I have a gig, a pretty major one, a week from now featuring the best musicians and the best music that has come out of Kolkata recently. I still don't know how I figured, how my songs figured in that list. It's somewhat nerve-wrecking having to sing songs by songwriters who I have admired and idolised all these years. I am super nervous. I am super excited. But the melancholy grips me like a blanket on a cold day. 
What am I doing wrong? Am I not working hard enough? Why am I in so much pain then?

All these opportunities that come my way, what good are they when my soul refuses to come out of the dark abyss that it's taken refuge in. 

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails