Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lameting The Loss of Good Music

I've been writing lately. A LOT, all in the pursuit of trying to make some nice clean original music. But the music scene in the city is starting to frustrate me a little. Over this past one year, I've discovered that there are different levels that exist in the music circuit in the city.
  • The BIG names and the BIG gig bands
  • The almost BIG names and the almost BIG gig bands.
  • The regular gig bands.
  • The genius but un-commercial and un-interested bands
  • The bands that are worshipped by the mass
  • The bands that are worshipped by the class
  • The wannabe-s
Now the levels don't really allow much change and most categories remain the same forever. But recently, I've been going to watch some of the competitions that take place at round this time of the year and I've faced nothing but heartbreak so far.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE GOOD BANDS???

I see around me not musicians or people who're trying to get there. I see around me just some brainless/musicality-less pompous assholes who know not the slightest thing about music. Their arrogance shocks me, really. They think no end of themselves and just because they win a competition they think that they're great.

WAKE UP!!
The only reason why you're winning is because you're competing against equally bad, if not worse outfits (I refuse to call them musicians/bands...sorry!) Same time, last year, you wouldn't even dare to take part in these events and even if you did, you probably got raped by the brilliant musicians (who seem to have gone into hiding this year!)...so don't think we're stupid. I lion is the king of the jungle because of his superiority, not because there are only mice and ants around and he the lone powerful one.

Ideally, I shouldn't really let it get to me, because I've never been a part of the competition circuit, I jumped straight to That Place Else's A-circle and haven't looked back since. But every time I open facebook, and see how pigs these days are flying, it REALLY does irritate and frustrate me, to the point where I'm contemplating the formation of a new project with a few close friends just to show these retards what making good music is really about.

*sigh*

It's like Kalyug (the age of chaos in Hindu mythology)...we need a saviour. Somebody like Nishchay Parekh, (woohoo, I actually took a really real name!), will you please do the honours and save the world?

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails