We're two mad children-oblivious to all else, as long as we have each other. He's all I need and I'm all he needs. It's as simple as that. Love is as simple as that. It doesn't have to be all that complicated. If you're forever having to make compromises and if you're forever crying yourself to sleep. Chances are, you're not in love. Even if you are, love like that is comparable to a temporary phase. It comes just as quickly as it goes.
It's not adrenaline. It's love. It's euphoria. It's ecstasy.
I am starting to surprise myself with my own maturity. I don't need to use someone or something as my crutch anymore. I'm strong enough to stand on my own two feet and call the shots. I feel like a flower that's blossoming. This happiness is contagious. But the best part is that I need nothing more.
I don't doubt if his feelings for me are genuine or not, his smile gives it away. Every time he holds me, I feel safe and I feel complete. There's so much more to my life now. It's all because of him. They all came and went. Some wanted me to fulfill their carnal desires, some wanted me for they thought of me as their achievement, some wanted me to shut out other people who were previously in their life and some wanted me, well, just for the merriment.
But that's okay.
You're never going to find your prince unless you kiss a few frogs in the process.
He's well aware of my tragedy-laden/colourful past and he accepts me for who I am. Heck, he'd do anything to be with me, even if that means giving up the other most precious thing in his life and I would gladly do the same.
Are we "meant to be" then?
That only time will tell, but for now, the thought of seeing his face in a few hours gets my heart to start beating faster. If this isn't love, well, what is?