Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Spotlight Is On You Kid!

Our last show was super tight, tightest so far I think. And I think I know why, we played keeping every other thought at bay, we played because we were in love, we played for the love of music and I think that is what makes a band, well, a band.

Somep has become a second home to me now but despite hitting that stage regularly for 4 months now, every show is a learning experience. I learn how to improve myself after a bad show and I learn not get swayed by a good show. The stage is where I learn, I learn what can never be taught in textbooks-I learn how to immerse my mind, body and soul into the music, create something that can make people feel the exact same thing that I feel when I am on stage.
I don't know what'll happen to me once January ends cause even now, I am quite literally battling it out with my folks before very show. I don't know if I want to make a career out of this. Heck, I don't even know if this is my true calling or not. All I know is that I have been given my due after waiting long and hard and so I am not going to be an imbecile and throw it all away. It's not everyday that a regular 18 year old gets labelled as the next big thing now, is it?
When you want something real bad, without any selfish or wrong reasons, you DO land up getting it. No, I am not lucky, I am very ordinary, but what I have and you could call my secret weapon is my confidence. I KNOW that achieving your goals is not am impossible thing if you have your priorities right and if your karma is clean

Yeah, I am old fashioned and I do believe in Karma-what you do, you get back. I try and be a good person as much as I can and though I see the bitches move ahead of me at times, I try not to give up cause I know that it won't be long before they get stuck and that I cross them and reach the finish line. It's a simple ideology, really...all it requires is patience and belief. But trust me, it really does work. Don't think of the consequences-just do the right thing, you'll get it back one day, when you need it the most.
There have been a lot of people who've hurt me, but I have chosen to forgive them. They may call me weak and think that I do not have the ability to fight back, but they are quite mistaken. I do not fight back because forgiveness is the sign of superiority, maturity and inner peace.

:)




Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails