Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Let's Try This Again Later Sometime

I know how to cook a meal that doesn't involve the microwave.
I know how to clean, I know how to do my laundry.
I am learning about the universe, still, so that is probably a lifelong process.

I know how to read, I know how to write.
I know how to act perfectly domesticated.
I am still learning how much to give, how little to take. I am too young to have it all figured out.

And sometimes, all this learning, isn't such a good thing.
I find myself unable to let go of those who were never mine to begin with.

My heart is in knots.
I am unable to love.
I know how cowardly I am sometimes.
And yet, I don't want to change.

It's been a quarter of a century, I should know by now that I can't always have it all. 

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails