It's hard to sleep at night not knowing if I'll ever be as content again.
Not happy, just content.
Adulthood is nothing but acceptance;
Of loss,
Of rejection,
Of dejection,
Of hurt,
Of heartache.
You're not here now, when I need you the most.
You never will be.
But this deep, painful loss has only taught me to hold on.
For it is always calm again after the storm, you just need to wait it out.
Time.
I just need a little bit more time to get over you.
I'm trying.
But I miss you so much still.
I love you.
I did and always will.
We will be together again some day.
One day.
It cannot be that we weren't meant for greater things, you and I.
If not in this world, then surely the next one.
You make a goddess out of me.
And like a fool, from time to time, I forget.
But you are my karma, you are my salvation.
I have forgotten what you looked like.
I have forgotten your touch, your taste, your smell.
And yet your voice remains etched firmly in my memory, the sweet nothings you'd whisper in my ear.
For everything you were and are to me, I'm thankful.
I'm so thankful for all the love you gave me, although it didn't last forever.
I was your first and also your last, I know love because of you. You make me the lover I am today.
Thank you.
I am you.
You are me.
You're not gone, I just need to join you when its time.
And when we meet again, I won't ever let go.
I promise.
Everybody deserves a second chance, don't they?