Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Acceptance

I'm running.
I'm running as fast I can.
But I don't know what I'm running after, running towards.
I'm running.
I'm running away.
The faster I run, the more free I feel.

"The baggage will be gone soon.", I tell myself.
Well, it isn't exactly a lie.
But I'm running in a loop.
There is no beginning and there is no end.

I'm chasing drugs and dreams.
Wired, so fucking wired.
My limbs hurt.
My head hurts.
But my soul hurts the most.
It's exhausting trying to stay sane so I let go.
I show my ugly and I am rather proud of my dark. It makes me who I am.

Winter is almost gone, I want to do it all before it ends.
Soak every moment in like a child.
It's essential to give yourself to someone sometimes or you never grow, never learn. 

I feel the sweat on his body, enjoy our momentary togetherness.
I don't think of another from the past.
It's him that I kiss. There is no baggage.
He's in me, inside me, with me as I transcend to higher ground.
Higher and higher and higher still.
There is no baggage.

Am I free at last?
But it seems to good to be true.
I try not to be a cynic, jaded like the older ones.

Tonight I dance.
I dance like there is no tomorrow.
My feet hurt.
I don't care.

I dance.
I dance to the beat of the drum.
I am no longer ashamed of who I've become.


Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails