Where are you when I need you?
I try to find you in his eyes when he looks at me.
There is no kindness.
There is no admiration.
He doesn't even want me. I could be just about anybody.
I can't sleep. I keep picturing his face and how it changes as the heartache kicks in.
I break his heart because I've had mine broken.
My beautiful, innocent boy.
He is starting to fall in love with me, he says.
And here I am, running away, when all my life when I've looked for someone to love me.
Instead of running to him, I'm imposing myself on someone who doesn't want me.
I can feel my soul dying every single day.
Is this what growing up really feels like?
I get hurt if I don't grow, I hurt myself when I do.
Everything is a loop, only the form changes with time.
A young boy broke me over a decade ago.
But I've been broken again and again since.
I'm stupid, what else can I possibly say...