Tired from the sex, so sleepy.
What time is it?
I'm too cosy under the sheets with you to care.
Your watch lies somewhere on the floor.
I see the veins on your hands.
Long arms, strangely slender wrists, holding me as I try to sleep.
It's been awhile since I last spooned.
And my heart is beating crazy fast.
I'm a junkie on cocaine.
You see, just like you,
I'm playing with fire too.
So risky, like our sexual misadventures.
Can you feel my heart beat though?
Do you care?
Lovers in their infancy, sleeping together for their first time.
And yet there's a strange sense of comfort.
Satiation.
There's no hurry to wake up and run this time.
But it will all be over soon, I tell myself.
Don't fall for it.
Don't fall for it.
You're gone before I can catch my breath.
You fill me up with hope for a second only to snatch it away.
I don't know what to make of what you really want from me.
Sex?
Love?
Company?
Say it.
Say it or I'll never know.
Or maybe you never will.
Maybe the moment has passed already,
I waited,
I waited for you,
then I grew tired and weary and stopped.
You go your way and I go on with mine.
Impasse, or is it?