Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Young Drunk Punk reprise

In 2014 I had a rather rude awakening. There are no female musicians in my age group (?)
I don't understand why chicks don't pick up instruments and play the fuck out of them. It makes me so incredibly angry. I refuse to be the girl who "sings" in a band and looks pretty. I am a musician. I write my songs. By writing I don't mean vocal melodies and lyrics alone. I compose. I arrange. I paint the whole picture, not merely add shades to them. 
My les paul has somehow changed me as a musician. I'm playing better guitars. I'm writing better guitar parts, focusing more on layers. It's fucking inspiring as fuck.
My new songs are raw, grotesque. I want to explore and exploit this new state of mind. My life is as Indian punk as it gets. Neo-Indian punk. 
I finished tracking guitars (about 4 layers, mind you) and vocals for a new song today and although it's just a scratch, I feel a strange sense of excitement, of bigger things to come. 
I have been working my ass off for as long as I remember and like a phoenix, I shall rise again. It is only a matter of time.


Brace yourself world, this  young drunk and punk girl will hit the right spot. I can sense it. 

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails