Monday, April 02, 2012

Narcissus

Why don't you like me,
is it because of how brash I am?
Always saying whatever is on my mind,
being completely honest about my feelings all the time,
is it because I'm too straightforward for a girl?

Why don't you like me,
is it because I don't act prim and proper all the time?
I never dress up like a lady should,
Never pancake my face, never brush my hair,
is it because I'm not pretty enough?

Why don't you like me,
is it because I have the body of a nymph?
Or the fact that I'd rather discuss politics with you
than the latest episode of  a soap-opera.
is it because I'm too smart for my own good?

Why don't you like me,
is it because I'm perhaps better than you?
In more ways than you can even imagine.
And maybe you secretly want to be me, even if it's just for a day...


Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails