But I'm happy nevertheless, I like to take up things like these as a challenge. I'm all set to study history (yes, that's right, I picked history over english, no need to faint now!) for the next three years at possibly the best college/university in Kolkata...*sigh*
It's funny how my life's taken a whole new direction in this past one year. I was a member of that exclusive club which has it's eyes on the bigger prize-going abroad for higher education, for no college in the city seems good enough.
Look at me now, I feel heartbreakingly homesick even if I'm away from the city for two weeks! I guess the lesson that I've learnt this time is to NOT plan ahead too much and just go with the flow. The more plans that you make, the higher the chances of them not materializing and the more disillusioned you will be!
It's July now, I will officially complete a year with my band in August (who stuck with me all throughout, despite all my inconsistencies and my flaws) and a year of playing regularly at That Other Place (I want no controversies!)
I can safely say that wherever I am today, it's because I'm pursuing this for the love of music and nothing else. I need to be reminded this at times, but then again, life has funny ways of making you realize things that you otherwise wouldn't.
As of now, JU, here I come!!