Saturday, February 06, 2010

An Ode To A Friend


It's like skipping stones.
A hit and a miss.
What am I to you,
another random accomplice?

Can you hear me screaming,
Or should I be a little more loud?
Can you hear me from up there,
In your cannabis cloud?

You said you'd quit.
You said you'd be a better man.
Whatever happened to those promises?
What happened to those plans?

Bunny Rabbit, my poor bunny rabbit.
You grew up all wrong.
I tried to help you out.
But you sang another song.

The world ain't so bad.
If only you open your eyes and see.
Out there, somewhere,
love is waiting for you on a bent knee.

Please please wake up
wake up from this nightmare
I miss that sparkle in your eyes
Now all I get back is an empty stare...

(As you may have assumed, this one is for a dear friend of mine who is wasting away. I tried and tried and tried real hard to help him out, but I seem to have failed. I am completely helpless now and I haven't felt this awful for a long time...)

Want More?

Related Posts with Thumbnails